OK, today was my first day out, alone... After having the regular milk with 'flakes and nuts' breakfast and my first bath in the swiss (which went on for like an hour), I got ready for my stroll... and in stead of going the regular path, where my mama takes me, I went in the exactly opposite direction.
The first stop on my journey was the money exchange counter. I got some euros changed to swiss francs. I was afraid of getting lost and having no money to call (and eat). And then after analyzing the route to follow, I ended up catching a random path and following it. This street was pleasantly green and had tiny and cute row houses with nicely maintained front yards. These front yards were filled with flowers and stones and little ceramic toys and most importantly, bicycles. Every house had at least two. These people rely mostly on bicycles for their local and even regional transport. It's healthy and economical.
Here I spot my first swiss animal. A mighty healthy cat. She was very friendly, just like the people around here. And I realized, animals from a certain region behave like the people from that region do. No wonder dogs from Mumbai are so hostile!
Anyways, so I met some more animals along the way, some dogs, some more cats, some spiders, some honey bees and a sort of bird. They were nothing like I imagined. The dogs came from breeds I did not read about. But, they were nice and huge and tiny and playful and ferocious and... hmmm...
I walked for like 2 hours to reach to this place where there were big mountains in sight. And the land from the tip of those mountains till the end of my toes was lush green. At some distant, I could spot beds of beautiful flowers, and I advanced towards this place. This was some kind of floriculture farm. And I spent around an hour wandering from flower to flower. After coaxing my self to go home (because they might get worried), I followed my marked path back to home.
I came back and thought of uploading some of the snaps I took, but the tooth ache made me abandon everything and go to sleep.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment