Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 8

Got up late because of the last night's prolonged fireworks... today was the Swiss National Holiday. So, when we went for vegetable shopping (me and Anumama, he has an off on Saturday too), all the shops were closed... apart from this Asian Departmental store far away... So we decided to cook Chinese in the afternoon and Thai in the Evening.

Both of the meals turned out to be mouth wateringly delicious... I am not a fan of Thai food, but I liked this one that my mama made. The two additions to my database of recepies!

I started getting g-messages and scraps from people wishing my birthday to be happy at around 21:30, that is 00:00 IST. And many were surprised to find me (of all the people, ME!!) online on the eve of my own birthday... I have a reputation of barging into people's houses at the midnight with a cake to celebrate their birthdays... So, many asked, 'Are you sure aaj tera birthday hai??'

We went for a walk to the Rhine well after 22:30. And the fireworks were still going on... Some young spirited people were spending a nice time by the river... I wanted to join... but guessed it was too late... I envy their culture... You will see a hell lot of couples here, but you wouldn't see a single one of them indulging in obscenity... and India mein, no beautiful place is spared!! The beaches, the rivers, the waterfalls... nothing is spared...!!

Anyways, so I have found out about two clubs around here, very near to our place where I can go jig! When I will head there... no idea!

I came home about quarter to 12... to find a video in my mailbox... (http://videos.ibibo.com/videos/viewvideo/sandipsathe/453842) and I was pleasantly shocked to see my dear friends having my birthday party... yes, without me, in India... My God!! was I missing Mumbai already?? And here I was making plans about settling here..!!

So, anyways, all of my friends had gathered at Sandip's place and bechare 03:30 IST takk jaage rahe, just to wish me at 00:00 local time, here... So, I had a chat with all of them... And refreshed the good old days we had in college...

I slept around 02:00 after replying to all the scraps and mails...

No comments:

Post a Comment